Friday 16 July 2010

Sixth Decade 3rd Birthday

According to the scheme used by The Millbrooker I am 3 in my sixth decade which is cool and confusing at the same time. Yesterday, my actually birthday, began as days sometimes do if you let them, with the campaign plan slipping into a dawdle around the web checking the weather, monitor pricing (LG E2250V) etc. etc. Eventually an hour later than planned I meandered up to The Kings Arms to see if their new breakfast would come up to expectation. Deb's has only just started them this week. The 'Full On' breakfast with a pot of tea for £7.49 was a cracking good eat. It took 23 minutes to demolish and then I had to just sit and drink more tea before I could move. The meats were gorgeous - finest thick rashers, the meatiest sausages and delicious black pudding with a decent amount of barley in it (too little in some I've eaten). Beautiful flavoursome eggs and then there were mushrooms, hash browns, a door step of soft granary toast, tomato and baked beans. Quality eating. Suitably stuffed I headed home, dodging giant rain drops, to change into my St Austell Brewery's Tribute drinking shirt ready for the afternoon's inactivity. 50 metres down the road I realised I hadn't paid - Doug slapped the back of his hand to remind himself to take the money off customers when he sells something. Thanks to both, a great start to my day.

No comments: