Saturday 12 July 2008

The things you can do with a longer lens... AKA Georgian City Kit II








A little while ago I mentioned the 'Georgian City Kit', well now I can show you what I see.





The new shopping/housing/parking/transport interchange being assembled as chunks of bath stone faced concrete slab on a reinforced concrete skeleton - hence 'kit'.






Block A is the building at the top of the site, which has nearly got a complete roof now, was the first to get its clothes. Having seen a slab on a lorry a couple of weeks earlier I was intrigued to find out what bits looked like in place.






Anyway, one of things I noticed at the Iceland end was how the masons had worked the stone 'in situ' to reduce the impact of errors in the architects drawings - NOT!!




Check this out....

...and closer.

It's such a shame.

No comments: