Friday 6 June 2008

Fist Group Again - Timetables

Now I'm sure that for the few readers I have, this whole Fist Group thing that I have going here is getting boring, so perhaps this'll be the last for a while (here's hoping).
Anyway - yesterday morning I arrived at the bus stop in Corn Street at 0925 and boarded the bus (18) to the University. While passing my Uni-Ten card through the reader I asked the driver when he was off and he replied "0926". I thanked him and he drove off, it was by now 0926. All around town and on the First Bus website the timetable (as described at the time of linking) for the 18 stated that the buses from Corn Street to Claverton Down ran on the hour and quarter hours. I was puzzled because you'd expect the driver to know when and where he's driving as it's all written down on his card but here was a bus that wasn't running to the published University Holiday timetable but one invented by First for their amusement perhaps.
This morning I went in to their office at Bath Bus Station and asked the man there what I should do and was informed that the timetable was in fact wrong but that it would be right next week. Go figure. The suggestion that they get the web based timetables fixed was met with amusement and I suspect that suggesting they correct the sheets on all the Bus Stops would be met with the same response.
Right there you have it. Is this any way to run a Public Access Transport Company??? Ha!!

No comments: